As you will be aware WH Malcolm have submitted a planning application for the ‘alteration and diversification of existing waste recycling facility to incorporate an Energy Recovery Facility through use of and extension to existing building and with incorporation of an associated flue and infrastructure’ of their existing South Street plant.
More details can be found about the original Planning Advice Note (Oct 2014) and information from the public consultation events (Nov 2014, Mar 2015) and the full planning application is available on the Council’s online planning website. The deadline for submitting comments is Friday 24 April 2015. The ref no for the application is 15/00549/DC.
Below is an update on the various actions undertaken by the community in order to raise awareness of and object to this major development.
- SCARA (Scotstoun Conservation Area Residents Association) letter to residents – SCARA distributed a brief objection letter to the SCARA members – Scotstoun and Whiteinch alert (.docx)
- Scotstoun Community Council – have distributed 2000 flyers updating residents with an objection letter – ScotstounCC_WHMalcolm_ObjectionLetter (pdf)
- Whiteinch Community Council – have distributed 2000 flyers updating residents with an objection letter – Whiteinch Alert 2015 (.docx)
- Scotstoun Community Council against incinerator Facebook page – you do not need to be signed up to Facebook to view the page but you do need to be signed up to like the page and add any comments
- Evening Times article – residents fuming over plans for new chimney
- Evening Times article – MSP calls for answers to chimney plans
- Clydebank Post article – recycling plant air pollution fears
- Featured on STV Glasgow
- WSHA newsletter article – Whiteinch Community Council included a piece in the latest WSHA newsletter which was delivered to 1800 tenants – WSHA_WCC_WHMalcolm_article_Mar2015 (pdf)
- Public comments – up to 2 April there are currently 151 public comments listed on the councils online planning website.