UPDATE 23 FEB 2016: Planning application rejected by Glasgow City Council!!! More to follow…
UPDATE 31 MAY 2016 – WH Malcolm have lodged an appeal against the decision
Glasgow City Council Planning Applications Committee will consider the planning application from WH Malcolm to build a gasification plant at their premises on South Street (ref no 15/00549/DC) at a public hearing at 11am on Tuesday 23 February at Glasgow City Chambers in George Square.
According to the public hearing notice: “Members of the public can attend these meetings, however there is a limited seating capacity therefore, if you wish to attend, on arrival at the City Chambers please advise the Council Officer on duty of your wish to attend the committee. Council Officers will endeavour to ensure that, if all interested parties cannot gain access to the meeting, there will be a cross section of interested parties allowed entry.”
We will be gathering in George Square outside the City Chambers from 10.15am onwards – everyone welcome!
If you wish to raise concerns about the proposed development please consider sending an email to the Councillors on the Planning Applications Committee IF they are your local Councillor – see list below.
You can download the public hearing notice here (or check picture below) 20160208_GCC_WHMalcolm_PublicHearing_Letter
Please email your local Councillor if you wish to raise concerns about the proposed development. The Councillors on the Committee are shown below by electoral Ward.
- Ward 12 Partick West – Martin Bartos
- Ward 13 Garscadden/Scotstounhill – Elizabeth Cameron and John Kelly
- Ward 14 Drumchapel/Anniesland – Jonathan Findlay (Vice Convener)
- Ward 10 Anderston/City – Eva Bolander and Philip Braat and Nina Baker
- Ward 5 Govan – Fariha Thomas and James Adams and Stephen Dornan
- Ward 4 Craigton – Alistair Watson
- Ward 8 Southside Central – James Scanlon (Convenor)
- Ward 2 Newlands/Auldburn – Stephen Curran and Josephine Docherty
- Ward 1 Linn – Glenn Elder
- Ward 9 Calton – Greg Hepburn
- Ward 17 Springburn – Phil Greene
- Ward 18 East Centre – Russell Robertson
Also if you live in Ward 12 Partick West please contact the other local Councillors in the Ward with your concerns and asking if they will be speaking at the public hearing – the Councillors are Aileen Colleran and Fergal Dalton and Kenny McLean