Welcome to Glasgow Eco Trust – the new name for Dumbarton Road Corridor Environment Trust as from 1 November 2018.
The information below is still relevant but will be archived in the near future.
DRCET was born in 2004 to help the people of Yoker, Scotstoun and Whiteinch in the West of Glasgow implement their 20 year Environmental Vision (YSW_EnvVision_EasyRead_Dec2002, 500kb, pdf) Since that time we have gone on to deliver a wide range of projects and services, many of which have contributed to the Environmental Vision. In addition we now operate over a wider area within North West Glasgow.
Vision and Mission
Our vision is of vibrant, thriving and resilient communities where people are inspired and empowered to get active, get involved and make a difference for their communities, future generations and the planet.
Our mission is to protect and enhance the local environment and to increase the wellbeing and resilience of local people and communities.
Our current objectives are:
- To protect and enhance the local environment
- To increase the wellbeing and resilience of local people and communities
- To be an excellent organisation that delivers high quality services and added value to the people and communities we serve
Key Work Areas
Our current key work areas are:
- Information & Advocacy
- Community Spaces
- De’ils On Wheels community bike workshop
- Active Travel
- Energy & Pedal Power
- Waste & Resources
- Community Green Team – our volunteer and training programme
We also strive hard to support and strengthen the local economy in all the work that we do.
Quality Management and Accreditation
As of January 2018 Glasgow Eco Trust has achieved the following accreditations:
You can download our information leaflet here DRCET-DOW_InfoLeaflet_web_A3_Mar17 If you are interested in joining then please complete our online membership form or contact the main office.
The Glasgow Eco Trust team is made up of 7 volunteer directors, 5 staff, sessional workers and volunteers who help deliver the wide range of work that we do.
Glasgow Eco Trust is currently supported by a range of funders. Our core work is funded through the Integrated Grants Fund, which is coordinated by the Community Planning Partnership. We gratefully acknowledge the support of all our funders.
We are governed by a board of volunteer directors who are responsible for the governance and strategy of Glasgow Eco Trust . They are responsible for making sure that Glasgow Eco Trust is administered effectively and can account for our activities and outcomes. The board is elected every year by our members at our Annual General Meeting.
Glasgow Eco Trust is a membership organisation. If you are interested in joining then please complete our online membership form or contact the main office.
Annual Reports & Accounts
Current annual report and accounts…
Previous annual reports and accounts…
- 2016/17 – DRCET_AnnualReport_2016-17 and DRCET_Accounts_2016-17
- 2015/16 – DRCET_AnnualReport_2015-16 and DRCET_Accounts_2015-16
- 2014/15 – DRCET_AnnualReport_2014-15 and DRCET_Accounts_2014-15
- 2013/14 – DRCET_AnnualReport_2013-14 and DRCET_Accounts_2013-14
- 2012/13 – DRCET_AnnualReport_2012-13 and DRCET_Accounts_2012-13
- 2011/12 – DRCET_AnnualReport_2011-12 and DRCET_Accounts_2011-12
- 2010/11 – DRCET_AnnualReport_2010-11 and DRCET_Accounts_2010-11
- 2009/10 – DRCET_AnnualReport_2009-10 and DRCET_Accounts_2009-10
- 2008/09 – DRCET_AnnualReport_2008-09 and DRCET_Accounts_2008-09
- 2007/08 – DRCET_AnnualReport_2007-08 and DRCET_Accounts_2007-08
- 2006/07 – DRCET_AnnualReport_2006-07 and DRCET_Accounts_2006-07
- 2005/06 – DRCET_AnnualReport_2005-06 and DRCET_Accounts_2005-06
- 2012/13 – DRCET_EnvironmentalImpactReport_2012-13
- 2011/12 – DRCET_Environmental Impact Report 2011-12
- 2011/12 – DRCET_EconomicImpactReport_2011-12
Glasgow Eco Trust is a recognised Scottish Charity and a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in Scotland. As such we are regulated by both Companies House and OSCR (Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator). You can view our entry on the Scottish Charity register here (Charity No SC035954) and our Companies House entry here (Company No SC273114)
Glasgow Eco Trust is a member of the:
- North West Glasgow Voluntary Sector Network
- Glasgow Council for the Voluntary Sector
- Glasgow Social Enterprise Network
- Development Trusts Association Scotland
- As an emerging social enterprise DRCET has also signed up to the Social Enterprise Code – a voluntary code of practice for Social Enterprise in Scotland